Using parallel multi-node acoustic standing waves to generate multiple sample streams, the Velocyt provides volumetric sample delivery rates 100x faster than a typical flow cytometer and analysis rates that are 10x to 100x faster depending on particle size. Thus, the Velocyt simplifies and shortens your workflow by eliminating washing, lysing, and enrichment steps, while simultaneously providing gentle processing that preserves sample physiology and viability.
The Velocyt quickly analyzes sample volumes from microliters to liters and particle sizes from a few micrometers to millimeters; leading to expanded application flexibility. In addition, the Velocyt provides total sample recovery, thereby providing another level of flexibility by allowing reanalysis, kinetic analysis, or analysis via alternative technologies.
Rapid analysis of larger numbers of cells or particles that have been minimally processed delivers a previously impossible level of statistical confidence. This confidence can be further increased via reanalysis or use of alternate approaches.
The Velocyt consists of a 1 laser (488 nm) system that collects optical scatter, and three colors of fluorescence (green, yellow, red).
- This is the dominant combination of excitation and emission colors in flow cytometry and takes advantage of the most common reagents.
- From this core, additional modules that provide a second laser and corresponding emission colors will be offered.
- In addition to the blue (488 nm) laser, a violet (405 nm) laser will be offered. This system will collect two scatter parameters and 7 emission colors of fluorescence.
- Three and four laser systems that include red (635 nm) and yellow (567 nm) lasers, will eventually be offered.
- Flow rates from 10 μL/min to 10 mL/min are possible.
- Analysis rates of 200,000 events/sec, which is ten-fold higher than the 20,000 per second typically achieved by most current flow analyzers.
- Accommodates particles from 3 µm-1000 µm.